Monday, August 31, 2009

Fantastic Sam Fail


This is a post about anger.

Thats a picture of Monique to your right.
She is one of many who work at various Fantastic Sam Salons across the nation.

She is a happily married, independent woman who wants to make a quick buck, pay off the mortgage, buy her children stuff at JC Penny.

I usually get my hair done by Ofelia at the Fantastic Sam's on 3rd Street.
She is pro.

Today, some bitch named Sophia cut my hair at the Fantastic Sams in Encino.

I know going to a new barber is risky, but I really needed a haircut.

I specified to her, "leave the sideburns, use a #4 razor, and leave a natural form on the neck."

She said "Noooo problemmm I giveee you goooood cut."

I watched the mirror as she cut my hair.

I prayed the whole time that her method was just temporary, she would somehow make it look better as a final result.

I tried to speak up: "Hey, can you use the #4 razor like I requested plz?"
Sophia: "Nooooo I use my fingersss wit a esizzorss esooo much bettooor."

She finally finished, and we both stared at it.

We both knew it was a fail.

But neither of us said anything.

"Lett meee puuut some gel on to commmplete ittt" she said.

We both pretended to like the haircut.

She praised it, I thanked her for it.

But inside me a fire was beginning to rage.

I left.
Got a croissant.
Forgot about it.



Until now.

Eternal Questions:
Why the &5^$ is she a barber?
Has anyone ever straight out told their barber after a haircut that they did a crappy job?
Does anybody ever get good haircuts?


No comments:

Post a Comment